LEONARDO 200 Watt Diode Laser, Only At Fortis.
The LEONARDO Laser is one of the leading medical lasers used by doctors, brought to you for the first time in the world by Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore. It is highly compact diode laser comprising a combination of two wavelengths: 980 nm and 1470 nm. Each wavelength can either be used individually or blended, to accomplish incision, excision, vaporisation, haemostasis and coagulation of soft tissue with contact or non-contact delivery options for open and endoscopic procedures.
This is a first of its kind technology which lets surgeons perform laser surgery selectively, with settings that they can choose corresponding to the tissue types that they are working with. This makes the process not just simpler, but also improves its outcomes.
What does LASER TURP stand for?
It stands for LASER Transurethral Vaporisation of Prostate.
Who can benefit from a LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP?
Patients who are suffering from Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) which is also known as Benign Prostate Enlargement (BPE). Especially those who need a REDO prostate. Elderly patients with high risk co-morbid conditions and cancer patients can also benefit from this.
What does BPH refer to?
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) refers to the continued growth of the prostate gland present in the male reproductive system.
What does BPH result in?
When prostate enlargement occurs, increased resistance in proximal urethra may limit the flow during urination.
What are the signs and symptoms of BPH?
BPH may manifest signs and symptoms that can be easily noticed and may come in the following forms:
- The need to urinate frequently
- Inability to sleep through the night and getting up often to urinate
- Difficulty in starting urine stream or complete inability to urinate
- Decreased strength and force of the urine stream
- Dribbling after urination ends
- Blood in the urine
Who can get affected by BPH?
Enlarged Prostate is a function of age, not disease. All men will eventually develop BPH, especially men over 50 years of age. After 8-, men have an 80 percent chance of experiencing urination problems caused by BPH.
How is LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP performed?
The Doctor passes the laser fiber through the urethra into the prostate using a cystoscope and then delivers several bursts of energy, thus destroying/vaporising the excess prostate tissue and causing widening of the urinary passage.
What is the average length of stay at the hospital in case of LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP?
Who all specifically qualify for LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP surgery?
LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP is specifically recommended for:
- Patients on blood thinning agents such as heparin, aspirin and clopidogrel
- Patients with renal dysfunction
- Patients who have prostate gland that is bigger than 100 gm
- Male patients who have cardiac complications, are diabetic, and have an aversion towards anaesthesia
- Patients who have undergone joint replacement
What are the benefits of LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP over a conventional TURP?
LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP, in general is safer and faster than conventional TURP which utilises electrical energy. It offers the following benefits:
- It is a daycare procedure with no need for hospitalisation or ICU admissions
- It is safe, fast, and adaptable technique with no incontinence
- Surgery can be continued with anticoagulants, without blood transfusion
- Treats fibrous glands/ residual glands, REDO procedure, Eccentric anatomy.
What are the advantages of DIODE LASER as compared to other LASER technologies when it comes to LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP?
- It is the best LASER technology available for enlarged prostate surgery
- More precise and effective
- Ability to treat large gland of more than 100gm without any complications
- The only laser that can be used for safe prostate surgery in the presence of blood thinning agents such as aspirin, clopidogrel, warfarin because of its excellent coagulative power
What are the benefits of undergoing LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP at Fortis Hospitals?
While LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP is safer and better than conventional TURP, Fortis Hospitals offer a few more reasons to undergo surgery at its premises.
- Usage of DIODE LASER which is the fastest and safest laser available in the world
- Urology team has the largest and most comprehensive experience in performing LASER urology procedures
- LEONARDO 200 WATT DIODE LASER TURP package at Fortis Hospitals is the most economical in the city.
Disclaimer: Image used for representational purpose only.