Centre for Cardiac Excellence at Fortis Hospital Bangalore
For the last 25years, we have provided the best cardiac care in India with many lifesaving break throughs to our credit.
From performing a beating heart surgery on a 4-hour- old child to performing the world’s first conscious off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery to a record D2B time of 11 mins for Primary Angioplasty (2015) we have constantly delivered unparalleled healthcare when it matters most.
Our 24X7 ultra-modern heart care facility at Cunningham Road is equipped with 2 cath labs, 3 cardiac OTs,10-bed SICU & 15-bed CCU. This specialty is handled by a group of renowned cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and electro-physiologists, ably supported by a team of highly competent paramedics and nurses. Our heart care stands out as a centre of excellence in interventional cardiology and cardiac surgeries. In fact, our cardiac healthcare programme is the best in Asia in terms of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiac ailments.
Heart Care Facility at Fortis Hospitals Bangalore
Our ultra-modern 24×7 facilities, handled by renowned cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, electrophysiologists, intensivists and anaesthesiologists, offer heart care services across the spectrum of adult and paediatric heart care: coronary artery disease, non-coronary & peripheral vascular diseases, electrophysiology & device therapies. Our Intensive Coronary Care Units (ICCUs) are managed and monitored round-the- clock by critical care specialists and intensivists, supported by highly trained paramedical and nursing teams. Our hospitals also offer an excellent cardiac rehabilitation program that focuses on the post-operative care of cardiac patients. Today, our Centres provide patients with the latest technologies in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Minimally Invasive Hybrid Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, Paediatric Cardiology and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery, Valve Replacement and Repair, and Aneurysm and Aortic Dissection Surgery.
Heart Care and Check-up Services
- Valve surgeries
- Endoscopic Valve Repair and Replacement
- Non Sternotomy Valve Repair and Replacement
- MAZE Procedures for AF
- Awake heart surgeries (on or off pump cardiac surgeries under high thoracic epidural without general anaesthesia)
- Surgery for heart failure
- Left ventricle restoration surgery
- Left ventricle assist devices (LVAD)
- The entire gamut of vascular and thoracic surgeries, including VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Adult Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
Interventional Cardiology Procedures:
- Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty and Stenting
- Angiography and Angioplasty of arteries of neck, leg, arm and kidney
- EP Study (Diagnostic) and Ablation
- Permanent Pacemaker (Single and Double Chamber)
- Heart failure device and AICD implantation
- ASD, VSD, PDA device closure
- Endovascular aneurysm repair
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery Procedures
- Off pump bypass surgery
- Keyhole bypass surgery
- Major Aortic Cardiac Aneurysm Surgeries
- Minimal access aortic arch replacement
- Hybrid aortic surgery
- Endovascular aortic surgery