Dr. Jayaprakash Shenthar brings to Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore a rich experience of more than 20 years and vast knowledge in the field of Cardiac Electrophysiology. He underwent his professional training from reputed institutes in India and abroad.
He completed his MBBS degree from J J M Medical College, Davangere, Mysore University and post graduation qualification in MD (internal medicine) from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli, Karnataka University. He then pursued DNB (internal medicine) from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi followed by DM (Cardiology) from T N Medical College and B Y L Nair Hospital, Bombay University. He went back to National Board of Examinations, New Delhi to complete his DNB (Cardiology). Dr. Jayaprakash is also a Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC) and Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology (FICC). After his training in Cardiology, he underwent 2 years of extensive training in cardiac electrophysiology from Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia.
Dr. Jayaprakash has always exhibited excellence in academic. He had secured SECOND RANK in Mysore University and stood FIRST in College in finals of MBBS Examination for the year 1985. He was awarded the best outgoing student for 1980 – 85 batch, in MBBS and also stood first in DM. He has many publications in international and national journals including chapters in text books.
Expertise and Areas of Interest
As a cardiologist, Dr. Jayaprakash is an expert in cardiac electrophysiology, and device implants. His special areas of interest include ablations of all varieties of arrhythmias including ablation of atrial fibrillation and ventricular arrhythmias. He is also an expert in device implants including cardiac defibrillator and biventricular device implantation.
- Started the first University Recognized Electrophysiology and Pacing Program in India • He has conducted many live implant workshops and training programs for physicians and cardiologists.
- Performs 3D mapping and ablation of complex arrhythmia on both Carlo and Ensite system
- Conducted live workshops in device implants and Electrophysiology
- At present Dr. Jayaprakash is associated with Fortis Hospital, Cunningham Road.
- Performs approximately 600 ablations and 300 pacemakers and more than 100 device implants per year on a regular basis as a individual operator for more than 15 years.