Urology Care at Fortis Hospital Bangalore
With over 10 years of unmatched experience, Fortis is now one of the finest urology care providers in the country. Equipped with cutting-edge technology which is on par with the best international urological centres, our unit brings to you the most advanced urological care.
We treat all form of acute and chronic kidney disorders, kidney transplants, kidney stones, electrolyte imbalances and hypertension.
Urology and Nephrology Treatment and Services
- Facilities available for screening, staging and treatment of all uro-genital tumours including prostate, kidney, ureter, bladder and testes.
- Urological services to diagnose and treat stone disease, urological cancers, incontinence, infertility, impotence, paediatric urology and benign prostate problems available.
- Successful renal transplant surgeries.
Urology Treatment and Services at Fortis Bangalore
Facilities and Services at our hospitals include:
- LASER TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate) – A surgical procedure to treat patients with an enlarged, benign (non-cancerous) prostate called Benign Prostate Hyperplasia or BPH
- TURBT (Trans Urethral Resection of Bladder Tumor) – Treatment of excessive growth of cells on the internal surface of the bladder. A tumour may be either cancerous or non-cancerous.
- BMG Urethroplasty – Treatment of urethral strictures to ensure long term patency of urethra.
- PAEDIATRIC UROLOGY – The diagnosis and treatment of all urological problems affecting children.
- UROENDOSCOPY – A device consisting of a tube and optical system for observing the insideof a hollow organ or cavity. This observation may be done through a natural body opening or a small incision.
- URO-ONCOLOGY – Treatment of patients with cancer in the urinary tract including major reconstructive surgery on the bladder and the prostate.
- URO-GYNAECOLOGY – Treatment of female incontinence using state-of- the-art facilities.
Kidney Stone Treatment at Fortis Hospital Bangalore
We offer the following treatments for Kidney stones:
- LITHOTRIPSY – A powerful Dornier Lithotripter uses both X-Ray and ultrasound localisation for real time imaging. This allows the stone to be seen at all times during the treatment. The patient is under mild sedation and the pain is minimal. The Lithotripter generates shockwaves which crush dense stones into sand like particles. These particles can then easily be eliminated from the body through urine.
- PCNL – Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy provides a safe and effective way to remove kidney stones using a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It is a form of keyhole surgery that is used for larger or remotely located kidney stones.
- RIRS (Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery)- This procedure is performed using flexible endoscopes to treat the stone in any location of the urinary tract, generally inaccessible by traditional methods.
- URS / URSLC (URS Stone Removal) – In this procedure, ureteric stones are removed by passing an ureteroscope through the urethra and bladder. The surgeon locates the stone, removes it with special instruments or fragments the stone by using the Swiss lithoclast or holmium laser.
- LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY – This is an option in certain cases depending on the size and location of stones, existing diseases, etc.
- LASER UROLOGY – Holmium laser for renal and ureteric stone removal.
- OPEN SURGERY – The larger stones (staghorn, etc.) which cannot be removed by any of the above techniques are removed by open and conventional surgery.
Kidney Transplant in Fortis Hospital Bangalore
Kidney Transplant is advised when a patient is suffering from End Stage Renal Diseases. When the kidney function is not proper, the patient has to undergo dialysis (hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis). Based on the age and health of the patient a kidney transplant is advised by the nephrologist. Common causes for kidney failure leading to kidney transplant are Diabetes Mellitus, malignant hypertension, autoimmune diseases, genetic causes or focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.